[Mageia-dev] Setting NFS shars and making the process more user friendly

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 20:33:16 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Maarten Vanraes
<maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op maandag 27 december 2010 17:52:43 schreef Hoyt Duff:
>> On 12/27/10, Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > or packager could instead of doing all that work, fix it...
>>
>> That would be ideal, but probably not realistic. Many bugs are to be
>> fixed upstream.
>>
>> Perhaps no bugs should be imported and packager could follow MDV
>> Bugzilla to see if, when and how  they are fixed. Mageia bug reports
>> should be triaged on their own. After all, they are now Mageia
>> packages.
>
> i was thinking the same thing

And if we could improve the triage process with better education to
the users/submitters so they provide better infos at the beginning,
that would be a big help. IIRC,  there are very good MDB triage docs
(how to do debugging, get more infos, etc) but they were intended for
the triage team and not obvious to the submitter.

--
Hoyt