[Mageia-dev] mageia sound tasks

Sascha Schneider ungleichklang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:22:37 CET 2010

I made a couple of simple kernel tests with different Mandriva kernels to
see if Kernel-RT is really needed or should be recommanded.
I used the same song in same daw with qjackctl, same everything, except the
kernel.
I used the Hunz-Demo-song in Renoise 2.6 with low Frames in QJackctl to
force some XRUNS on my Laptop with onboard soundcard.

   - kernel-desktop-2.6.33.7-2mnb => 14 XRUNS
   - kernel-desktop-tmb-desktop-2.6.34-10mdv => 10 XRUNS
   - kernel-rt-2.6.33.5-1.rt23.1 => 2 XRUNS

I also use the RTIRQ from Rui Nuno Capela with the Kernel-RT

any other experiences??

regards, saschas