[Mageia-dev] Drakxnet, drakroam and Draknetcenter : let's fix it or throw it.

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Mon Aug 1 14:12:44 CEST 2011

Le Lundi 1 Août 2011 13:10:08 Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
[....]
> > This is not the first time I complain about this tool. We should
> > not leave this unchanged. It is far too annoying and pushing to
> > so much loss of time.
> While I cannot confirm the problems you are talking about in former
> Mandriva (2010.x) nor in Mageia 1, I do have the problems in Mageia
> Cauldron, mostly caused by (guess what?) - network-manager! I reported
> about this in the forum
> (https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=869).
> Just current case: after an update run in Cauldron my wifi does not
> connect, then connects and disconnects again after a few seconds.
> After trying several measurements like removing the setup-script,
> removing the connection in MCC, etc., all without result, I
> de-installed network-manager and configured wifi again by the draktool
> without NM - it works now.
NetworkManager 0.8997 in cauldron did not have the mdv patch at all
because nm 0.9 is different than the 0.7 & 0.8.x branch.
(Some mails was sent on the mailing list for that if i'm not wrong), so
you can expect that nm will conflict & try to start the network while
mageia tools (drakx) are trying also which can explain why you were not
able to connect at all.
However blino did  patch yesterday night the ifcfg-rh plugin so at least
now nm is able to *ignore* the device managed by  drakx tools so you
should not have the same problem now.

--
Balcaen John