[Mageia-dev] Audio Warning: New PulseAudio test release on the way....

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 3 11:30:59 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 03/08/11 09:54 did gyre and gimble:
> 在 Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:45:33 +0800, Colin Guthrie
> <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>寫道:
>
>> 'Twas brillig, and D.Morgan at 03/08/11 01:28 did gyre and gimble:
>>> first thanks for this mail explaining this update ( really
>>> appreciated ).
>>>
>>> Is there tasks, you would like mageia users/testers do ?
>>
>> Nothing specific. There are several new features, but in this case I'm
>> most interested in ensuring things are stable. So really I'm looking for
>> any test cases where things used to work and now don't. This may be
>> related to hardware I don't have etc., so this is the tricky bit for me
>> testing personally! But otherwise, just use as normal and report any
>> crashes :)
>>
>> Col
>>
> Inside VBox, my cauldron box failed to play anything out...
>
> There an error message about Phonon complaining pulseaudio unusable,
>
> changing to use Intel HDA device(which is what VBox passed to it), but
>
> still nothing play out.

Interesting.... Is that after a reboot or just after upgrade? I can see
things being mostly broken until a reboot (or at least  a PA restart:
(pulseaudio -k; start-pulseaudio-x11; start-pulseaudio-kde))

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]