[Mageia-dev] RM replacement

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz dlucio at okay.com.mx
Thu Aug 4 21:26:04 CEST 2011

Helo,

As my experience in security field, to make Mageia more available in enterprise
environments, and specially those that are security paranoid, i'm planning to
port SRM.  SRM is a package that does a "secure" file deleting according some
security standards (i dont remember right now names, i guess it is something
in NIST, but that doesnt matter really).

My question is, what should be the procedure that when you install srm, then
the normal rm command could be replaced?  i was thinking in pushing an alias
but what other alternatives do i have?

please comment,

LD