[Mageia-dev] Problems setting up chroot

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Aug 10 09:03:42 CEST 2011

Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 8 August 2011 06:42, andre999<andr55 at laposte.net>  wrote:
>> Everything seemed to install ok, but when I try to run a gui application
>> (such as rpmdrake) under chroot, I get the message :
>>
>> "No protocol specified
>> Cannot be run in console mode."
>
> Which is expected
>
>> If anyone has an idea what I might be missing, it would be appreciated :)
>
> One way to run X11 stuff from a chroot is to run:
> CHROOT=/where/is/my/chroot
> xhost +SI:localuser:root
> mount --bind /tmp/.X11-unix/ $CHROOT/tmp/.X11-unix/
> chroot $CHROOT rpmdrake/gedit/firefox/...
>
> If instead you want to allow all local users, you could alternatively
> replace the xhost call by:
> xhost + local:

Thanks for your detailed response.
It lets me run everything.
(Just chroot $CHROOT
  gives me a terminal in chroot, which is what I wanted.)

How do I restrict a chroot session to non-root privileges, so I can safely do
things like build packages locally ?
I tried logging into my account, but it doesn't seem to work.

--
André