[Mageia-dev] [Fwd: [Mageia-discuss] Bugsquad team organisation]

Manuel Hiebel manuel+ml at hiebel.eu
Wed Aug 17 00:13:21 CEST 2011

-------- Message transféré --------
De: Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com>
À: mageia-bugsquad at mageia.org
Cc: Mageia general discussions <mageia-discuss at mageia.org>
Sujet: [Mageia-discuss] Bugsquad team organisation
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:31:13 +0200

Dear all,

One of the more important but often overlooked tasks for projects like
Mageia is the handling of bug reports received and follow up given to
them. Quick resolution of reported problems and the proper routing of
these reports is important to help Mageia improve in quality and grow in
mindshare within the larger Linux community.

Since Mageia started over 2400 bugs and other issues needing our attention
have been filed in our bugzilla ( http://bugs.mageia.org/ ). A very
impressive job has been done so far by the various members of the bugsquad
and the packagers and sysadmins who have had reports assigned to them.
Most impressive has been the bulk of work that Ahmad did by himself since
the bugsquad got started under his leadership. Due to time constraints he
unfortunately announced last month that he had to step down from this
position. Since that time the bugsquad team has been without a leader and
a representative for that team within the Mageia council.

Through this email I hope to solicit some help for and interest in this
team (hence the Cc to the Mageia discuss list) as well as to discuss
within the team (on the bugsquad mailing list) where we want to go with it
and if anyone is willing to take over the lead for this team.

Should you have any interest in the bugsquad team, please see the page on
our wiki for information on the triage team and how to join the mailing
list. The address for that is
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=triage

In order to keep the discussion in one place, I'd appreciate it if follow
ups to this message solely go to the bugsquad list.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thank you for your time and attention, thank you Ahmad for all the hard
work done so far!

Sincere regards,

Remco