[Mageia-dev] [134638] - clean spec

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Aug 21 21:43:03 CEST 2011

Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Bertaux Xavier at 20/08/11 14:42 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Why do you clean by removing rpm macros ?  what was wrong with them ?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry I'm apprentice packager !
>> So on all spec Mageia that I've seen, macro %{_install} and macro
>> %{_mkdir_p} are not used, but if it's better, I can remake that.
>> Which difference in install and %{_install} and mkdir -p and %{_mkdir_p} ?
>
> I do have to wonder why those macros are used... it seems quite trivial
> to use the actual commands directly and that ultimately increases
> portability (which maybe isn't a major concern, but all the same)
>
> What are the general thoughts on this?
>
> Col

I agree -- as long as there are appropriate filetriggers to deal with things
like attributing ownership of created parent directories, etc.
(Which if I'm not mistaken, should not belong to the packages in question.  If
that is wanted, the directory should be explicitly created.)

Considering that, one should be able to do simply
mkdir ... which defaults to mkdir -p ...
and
cp ... which defaults to cp -a ...
since that is what would normally be wanted.
There would be less room for error.
Of course, this should be documented in the packager wiki as well.

My 2 cents :)
--
André