[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Deprecate draknetcenter+network init scripts after systemd becomes default.

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:33:50 CEST 2011

On 23/08/2011 10:30, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Michael scherer at 22/08/11 13:14 did gyre and gimble:
>>> If i'm not wrong you can still drop plain text files in
>>> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
>>
>> Provided you want to do nothing fancy like bridge, vlan and
>> others stuff that are used by sysadmins.
>
> As I said in my initial email, but was not clear. All of these things
> will be supported in a much nicer way in the near future.
Well, even if supported, I do feel much more confident in shell scripts
I can read, understand and easily fix if needed to fit my own needs,
than in a native binary.

How would removing initscripts support helps enhancing networkmanager
integration ?
--
BOFH excuse #208:

Your mail is being routed through Germany ... and they're censoring us.