[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Deprecate draknetcenter+network init scripts after systemd becomes default.

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Aug 24 10:12:42 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 24 août 2011 à 09:07 +0200, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2011 17:15:44 Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Le mardi 23 août 2011 à 15:28 +0200, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> > > What's more gaining 20s on a server when the IBM uefi/firmware take
> > > *minutes* to setup the machine is worthless.
> > > On the server side, we still manage RHEL networking through old style
> > > ifcfg* config files
> >
> > Some people do actually use vms, where boot speed could be important if
> > created on demand ( and where the reactivity would warrant something
> > more than "shell script", and where a better API to get interface
> > information wuld be nice ).
>
> We have netcf in the distribution ...

look at who imported it :)

> https://fedorahosted.org/netcf
>
> (required for network configuration from virt-manager).

We also do have augeas, that could help on the same type of problem.

But none of them react to interface change and while libvirt (for
example ) can use netcf, there is still cases where it do /proc parsing
with all the fragility and code duplication it implies ( like in
networkCheckRouteCollision )

--
Michael Scherer