[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release firefox-ext-add-on-compatibility-reporter-0.9-1.mga2

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Aug 25 21:58:33 CEST 2011

Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 25.08.2011 21:53, Maarten Vanraes kirjutas:
>> i believe we should package as much extensions as possible.
> And if there is security hole in extension? Do you monitor all of them? Most of them get
> updated w/o big notice. We do not have people to monitor extensions. And it's stopping us to
> update Firefox.
>
> Too many problems where we could avoid them.
>
> --
> Sander
+1

Now that mozilla apps (ff/tb/sm) monitor automatically extensions, it is even
more important that we let mozilla apps handle the extensions.
For instance, they will update the app version of the extension without
redownloading the extension, disable extensions with version conflict, etc.
Extensions tend to be small, and if the user doesn't have Internet access, they
don't need the extension anyway.
A packaged extension would likely be bigger than the extension as well.
In sum, only disadvantages for us to package mozilla extensions.

--
André