[Mageia-dev] Rpmlint configuration, false positives

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:16:00 CEST 2011

On 27/08/2011 22:06, Florian Hubold wrote:
> I think the following are bogus, but i may be totally wrong:
>
> *strange-permission * for SOURCES and SPEC it complains if not 0644, why
> is that?
rpmrebuild won't work if you can't read the files included in the source
package after extracting them.

> *%ifarch-applied-patch* if the build is broken only for i586 for
> example, what's wrong about the %ifarch?
 >
> Or maybe i don't get the description fully:
>
> /Patches must be applied on all architectures and may contain
> necessary configure and/or code patch to be effective only on a given
> arch./
>
> With the last part of the explanation and the warning itself, i'm
> confused. If it is only
> effective on one arch and fixed build there, why apply it blindly to the
> other where this may break build
> or have other unwanted sideeffects?
Because you won't notice your patch doesn't apply anymore until you
build on the platform where it is actually applied. In most case, it
will be the buildbot which fails, whereas your own local build was OK.
The point here is 'the earlier it breaks, the quicker it gets noticed'.

--
BOFH excuse #47:

Complete Transient Lockout