[Mageia-dev] Drakx installer should install task-gnome, not -minimal

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Aug 31 11:40:09 CEST 2011

When I installed Mageia I noticed (due to missing packages), that it
installed task-gnome-minimal. This was a bit surprising, because I
assumed it would install full GNOME as I had selected GNOME during the
install.

Looking through the drakx sources, it seems for KDE4 it:
 - during an upgrade, checks if it is installed using task-kde4-minimal
 - BUT: to upgrade it installs task-kde4 (not the minimal one)

So would appreciate if GNOME had the same working:
 - for upgrade, check for task-gnome-minimal
 - to perform upgrade, install task-gnome

This seems a bit inconsistent? Not sure of 'CD' space issues though. I
used the Mageia network boot image (the 40MB or so one) to install
Cauldron via the internet. IMO if there are space issues, then only the
CD version should be optimized for space, not the other options. For a
network install I just want exactly what I select.

Could this be changed?

For easy references:
  difference between KDE4 and GNOME:
  http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/install/steps_interactive.pm?revision=832&view=markup#l406