[Mageia-dev] cauldron core/release rtl8192ce_se_de-0004.0816.2011-1.mga2

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Aug 31 21:04:01 CEST 2011

31.08.2011 20:40, Mageia Team skrev:
> Name        : rtl8192ce_se_de              Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 0004.0816.2011                    Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 1.mga2                        Build Date: Wed Aug 31 19:39:13 2011

Why did you upload this crap ?

You didn't even wait for response on the problems you reported last night :/

This is duplicating code that is already in 3.x series kernels.

When/If upstream kernel code does not work, report it to the
linux-wireless ml, so it can get fixed upstream!!

The only time we provide vendor-released stuff it when it's not
supported in upstream kernels.

I also told you I'll sync up kernel-firmware-extra to get the updated
firmwares provided.

I also told you you cant ship the firmware in the same srpm as the
driver as the firmware belongs in nonfree!!

This package will be nuked from the mirrors...

--
Thomas