[Mageia-dev] rpm macro help! %apply_patches

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 1 10:58:08 CET 2011

Hi,

There are times when the backup files from patches applied with
%apply_patches get in the way. It would be nice to be able to disable
backup file generation. e.g. with %apply_patches -n

Can someone with the appropriate skills do this? I can't remember who
wrote this macro (I wrote the very crappy initial version of it and
someone else made it awesome!), but I have a feeling it was pterjan or
Annsi (or maybe it was pixel before he left...?). Anyway, it's a super
useful macro, but it would be really nice if it could avoid the backups.

Or another suggestion..... who actually uses these backup files? Perhaps
they can just be dropped completely?