[Mageia-dev] Starting DM service - fails during boot

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Thu Dec 1 12:59:07 CET 2011

I have a Cauldron box which doesn't start DM when booted - and when I
check in Drakxservices, and check "start on boot" - it doesn't work
(resets back to not starting.

Once the machine has started, I can manually start the DM service.

BTW, I am NOT using systemd (although it is installed:

[root at minifox rfox]# rpm -qa | grep sysvinit
sysvinit-2.87-10.mga1
sysvinit-tools-2.87-10.mga1

[root at minifox rfox]# rpm -qa | grep systemd
lib64systemd-daemon0-37-13.mga2
systemd-units-37-13.mga2
systemd-37-13.mga2
lib64systemd-login0-37-13.mga2

[root at minifox rfox]# drakxservices

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
      systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overriden by
native
      systemd configuration.

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
      systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overriden by
native
      systemd configuration.

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
      systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overriden by
native
      systemd configuration.

Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation
executed.

Any advice would be welcome -

Thx,
R.Fox