[Mageia-dev] rpm macro help! %apply_patches

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 1 14:24:03 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Jani Välimaa at 01/12/11 12:31 did gyre and gimble:
> 2011/12/1 Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>:
>> On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:19:11 +0000
>> Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I use them when updating patches
>>
>> So do I.
>>

> Me too.

Interesting. I always tend to do something more joined up as having a
single patch fail when it touches multiple files makes the
reconstructing the patch a bit more problematic where as a git rebase
over the sources is generally much quicker.

But each to their own - backup files are useful you've proven that much :)

An option (or different macros) is needed.