[Mageia-dev] Removing obsolete packages

Michel Catudal michelcatudal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:32:21 CET 2011

Le 30/11/2011 02:21, andre999 a écrit :
> Michel Catudal a écrit :
>>
>> How about putting back previously unsupported packages? The only text editor that I use is joe and someone has decided to remove it from Mageia.
>> I took the Redhat Enterprise version and ported it to mageia. For a while the maintainers of joe has incorporated a bug that would make it such that it would core dump if you tried to open more than one file at a time.
>> I am willing to maintain this package.
>>
>> Michel
>>
> No problem, since you are willing to maintain it, as long as it makes it past QA.
> (Which means the core dump problem would have to be solved, if not already.)

The fix was made by Redhat,

It was a one char bug

                                 b->oldcur = pdup(b->bof, USTR "main");
                                 pline(b->oldcur, get_file_pos(b->name));
-                               p_goto_bol(bw->cursor);
+                               p_goto_bol(b->oldcur);
                                 line = b->oldcur->line - (maint->h - 1) / 2;

--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal