[Mageia-dev] RFC: Drop mkinitrd completely in favour of dracut.

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sun Dec 4 12:09:02 CET 2011

In data domenica 4 dicembre 2011 11:41:39, Angelo Naselli ha scritto:
> Hi Col,
>
> > I just updated dracut with another patch, so I included this one too.
>
> Tried and things are changed now, before i couldn't boot because it could
> not found root, but i could go on dracut shell, now i got a panic after
> this dracut warning:
> dracut FATAL: Don't know how to handle 'root=live:CDLABEL=live-
> x86_64-201112032259
If i change to root=/dev/sr0 i can go on and got the following errors instead
(but now i'm in dracut shell):
dracut warning: /sysroot has no proper rootfs layout, ignoring and removing
offending mount hook
dracut Warning: Can't mount root filesystem.

But i'm not sure here it's only a dracut fault :/

--
	Angelo