[Mageia-dev] ANN: gcc-4.6.2 landing on Cauldron

JA Magallon jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Dec 6 00:53:41 CET 2011

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:26:36 +0200
Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so... the long wait is over....
>
> I've submitted gcc-4.6.2-1.mga2 to core/release now.

Ahhrghhh ! Now that I was going to send a message to tell that a new CUDA
toolkit is available supporting gcc-4.5, we go for 4.6...
I suppose life is hard...

Could you consider keeping gcc-4.5 packages in the distro, adding some
suffix for binaries, to have them installable in parallel with 4.6 ?
Damn CUDA is always one step behind GCC, so with an up to date distro
like Mageia, CUDA is unusable. Now there is a CUDA 4.1-RC that supports
gcc 4.5.
I think it should not be difficult for CUDA to support 4.6, the big
jump was from 4.4 to 4.5 due to some change in binary format making
cuda-gdb useless, but if they did that already...

Anyways, havin an nvidia-cuda-gcc package with the version of the compiler
cuda needs would very nice...