[Mageia-dev] RFC: Opening Backports (once again...)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Tue Dec 6 09:48:37 CET 2011

Le mardi 6 décembre 2011 00:29:03, Anssi Hannula a écrit :
> > Using a separate branch is also a cleaner way of providing
> > backports, and makes it easy to separate changes needed only
> > for Cauldron (or backports).
>
> Hm, how does this help with enabling backports (i.e. compared to simply
> using cauldron repo)?

The current system needs a rework to be able to accept packages submitted from
cauldron to 1/backports_testing while forbidding submit from cauldron to
1/updates_testing

Back in september I had proposed 2 solutions :
- the current proposal from tmb, which I support (but which requires a change
in the policy as it is currently defined)
- allowing to submit anywhere from cauldron (and have QA verify that the
packages have been submitted from the right branch, and burn publicly
packagers who submit from cauldron to updates_testing)

Both would require little tweaking to the build system.