[Mageia-dev] MariaDB 5.5.18 on cauldron tonight

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Wed Dec 7 20:28:20 CET 2011

Op woensdag 07 december 2011 19:19:33 schreef Anne Nicolas:
> As asked many times on this ML can you wait Mageia 2 for this...

noone asked to wait until AFTER may? afaik one person asked to wait for after
mageia ALPHA 2?

it's all very nice of you to ask, and i answered your question, and had no
response, so i assumed you agreed after my reasonings...

personally, i don't understand why you are against it, this will likely have
less impact than systemd, KDE new version and Gnome new version or even kernel
3.X version...

I repeat, this is actually a mysql which has a few extra bugfixes, a few extra
storage engines, and the existing storage engines have patches made by google
and facebook which have always been rejected by sun and oracle...

if i submit now, it'll be properly and well tested when we release, and mysql
still has no official maintainer.

if it's not good enough, we only need to resubmit mysql again...

this is my pov and my reasoning, please provide some valid points please. (
and perhaps read those 3 threads before reacting?)