[Mageia-dev] Package adoption campaign, 3 months later

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Sat Dec 10 20:23:07 CET 2011

Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le jeudi 8 décembre 2011 11:51:46, Funda Wang a écrit :
>
>> 2011/12/8 Samuel Verschelde<stormi at laposte.net>:
>>
>>> His/her work would be the following:
>>> - identifiy (with bugsquad's help) the orphan packages that have lots of
>>> unresolved bugs or are severely outdated,
>>> - do the same for packages that have a maintainer but are in a similar
>>> situation,
>>> - try to find packagers or apprentices to take care of them. Not
>>> necessarily make them become maintainer, but at least solve users bugs.
>>> - try to find maintainers for orphan packages.
>>>
>> I would suggest that registering nobody as a mailing list, so that
>> every interested packagers could join to help.
>>
> I forgot about this idea, and support it without hesitation.

Maybe a better idea, would to have "[orphan alert]" (or something
similar) in the subject of postes to the mageia-dev list.  That way no
need to subscribe to another mailing list, and those particularly
interested in orphaned packages could filter their messages to put these
in a separate folder.
And of course, everyone interested in packaging/development would see
these posts.

Just an idea :)

--
André