[Mageia-dev] RFC: Opening Backports (once again...)

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Sun Dec 11 20:20:58 CET 2011

Op zondag 11 december 2011 18:43:35 schreef Florian Hubold:
[...]
> > just my 0.02€
>
> Whatever the decision is, maybe we could tie this to some conditions:
> Only allow backports if there are near-zero security/critical bugs for the
> stable release or if there are no open bugs for the package in question?
> Just some random crazy idea ...
>
> IMHO we should focus on security and bugfixes for the stable release,
> and there are currently too many security bugs open, some for a
> really long time, where nothing is happening for months, yet we still
> talk and concern about opening backports.

even thought that is true, the reason there is so much talk and bikeshedding
on this, is because it's still not there (and also users ask for it (they also
ask for updates, but those are other users :-) ))

if it had been there, there would not have been such time loss with it and
several discussions.

personally, i think the best thing is to have a quick resolv...