[Mageia-dev] Welcome New Packagers: barjac and Malo

Malo malo at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Dec 12 22:27:24 CET 2011

On 12/12/11 21:07, Barry Jackson wrote:
> On 12/12/11 20:14, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm proud to announce that Barry Jackson ("barjac") and Pierre-Malo Denielou
>> ("Malo") have both graduated from their packager mentorship process and got
>> submit rights.
>>
>> Welcome to the Mageia Packaging Team!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Shlomi Fish
>>
> Thanks, Shlomi for putting up with all my questions!
> I think that right now is where the real learning begins ;)
>
> Barry

Thanks as well Shlomi for your patience and availability!

I hope we won't screw everything, now that we can ;-)

I also want to encourage strongly people to enrol as either mentors (for the
Jedi packagers) or as apprentices (for anyone who want to contribute to fix bugs
and maintain packages). This apprenticeship program is great, and new
packagers/maintainers are greatly needed.

The current place to start is:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager

Cheers,
--