[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Dec 13 05:49:45 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

We have several new packagers -- barjac and malo (thanks to mentor shlomif),
and eatdirt (thanks to mentor obgr_seneca).  All of whom are already active
maintainers (with at least one package).  (malo has over 50.)

We have 5 apprentice candidates, all eagerly awaiting their mentor.

neocrust (Alexander Scherbakov), who has been waiting over a month,
and has experience maintaining packages for openSuse and Lunar Linux, as well
as translating to Russion, and doing documentation with the Gentoo Russion team.

regularlambda (Mahmut Bulut), who has been waiting almost a month (sorry for
missing you),
and has experience packaging for other distros.

am2605 (Andrew Myers), who has been waiting over a week,
a longtime Fedora, a web developer, interested in packaging related to Gnome,
Java, Ecliple among others, teaching himself Mageia packaging basics.

ajunior (Adjamiltion Júnior),
who is interested in maintaining packages related to pinpoint, gzip, or any
others needing a maintainer

hurdman ((Yyves-Gaël Chény),
who develops system software and maintains a Gnu/Linux server at work.

You can find more details at:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates
(Note that this address has changed with the new wiki.)

Mentors, let me know who you take on, and I'll update the tables for you.

Thanks :-)

----

We now have 53 active packagers (maintaining at least one package), with
several who have yet to take a package.
We currently have about 40 apprentices.
Almost 80% of packages have a maintainer.

----

Anyone else looking for a mentor, let me know so I can add your name as an
apprentice candidate -- or you can do it yourself.
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates

See also the previous sections, on becoming a Mageia packager :
https://wiki.mageia.org/mw-en/index.php?title=Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager&action=submit#What_is_needed_to_become_a_Mageia_packager

To find a mentor, you can also post to this list (mageia-dev), or on IRC at
freenode #mageia-mentoring.

Regards :-)

--
André
(Packager mentoring program coordinator)