[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

Michel Catudal michelcatudal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:26:54 CET 2011

Le 12/12/2011 23:49, andre999 a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> We have several new packagers -- barjac and malo (thanks to mentor shlomif), and eatdirt (thanks to mentor obgr_seneca).  All of whom are already active maintainers (with at least one package).  (malo has over 50.)
>
> We have 5 apprentice candidates, all eagerly awaiting their mentor.
>
> neocrust (Alexander Scherbakov), who has been waiting over a month,
> and has experience maintaining packages for openSuse and Lunar Linux, as well as translating to Russion, and doing documentation with the Gentoo Russion team.
>
> regularlambda (Mahmut Bulut), who has been waiting almost a month (sorry for missing you),
> and has experience packaging for other distros.
>
> am2605 (Andrew Myers), who has been waiting over a week,
> a longtime Fedora, a web developer, interested in packaging related to Gnome, Java, Ecliple among others, teaching himself Mageia packaging basics.
>
> ajunior (Adjamiltion Júnior),
> who is interested in maintaining packages related to pinpoint, gzip, or any others needing a maintainer
>
> hurdman ((Yyves-Gaël Chény),
> who develops system software and maintains a Gnu/Linux server at work.
>
> You can find more details at:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates
> (Note that this address has changed with the new wiki.)
>
> Mentors, let me know who you take on, and I'll update the tables for you.
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> ----
>
> We now have 53 active packagers (maintaining at least one package), with several who have yet to take a package.
> We currently have about 40 apprentices.
> Almost 80% of packages have a maintainer.
>
> ----
>
> Anyone else looking for a mentor, let me know so I can add your name as an apprentice candidate -- or you can do it yourself.
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates
>
> See also the previous sections, on becoming a Mageia packager :
> https://wiki.mageia.org/mw-en/index.php?title=Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager&action=submit#What_is_needed_to_become_a_Mageia_packager
>
> To find a mentor, you can also post to this list (mageia-dev), or on IRC at freenode #mageia-mentoring.
>
> Regards :-)

I am still waiting on my mentor to give me a report of what he thinks about my AVR32 and ARM packages.

I would be interested in becoming the maintainer of mate if no one is doing it yet. I hate gnome 3 with a passion and I find kde too bloated.

Michel Catudal

--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal