[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Wed Dec 14 21:22:04 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Maarten Vanraes <alien at rmail.be> wrote:

> even though there are several bugs in the mga1 implementation (believe me, i
> know!) i would still say no, because my wife would kill me if her older
> projects would not produce the exact same result...
>
> sorry, i vote for backport instead

Take into consideration that additional to the 157 bugs[1] fixed in
0.8.2 (which 46 where crashes), 0.8.2.1 fixes  17 more bugs (11 of
them are crashes) and has no new features[2]. So we are talking of a
release that covers 164 bug fixes from which  57 are crashes, versus
only 6 features (which IMO as a non professional in the video editing
field are minor). This means that more than the 96% of the work done
on those two versions was in bug fixing rather than new features, I
don't understand why this can't classify as an update instead of a
backport.

[1]http://kdenlive.org/discover/0.8.2
[2]http://kdenlive.org/discover/0.8.2.1

Cheers,