[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Thu Dec 15 00:16:05 CET 2011

Op woensdag 14 december 2011 23:59:04 schreef nicolas vigier:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > if my wife wasn't using kdenlive i would've said, that it was a
> > maintainers nightmare to get all these separately fixed with bugfixes
> > and testing, and to go ahead (and i believe i said so in the past), but
> > now that the project is almost ready and we've had our share of
> > bugs/issues, i'm sorry, i don't want to have ANY risk whatsoever to this
> > project file and i don't think it'll load correctly, or even have the
> > same rendered result... so, no, sorry, i know it's buggy and crashy and
> > stuff, but if you do update to this, i'll not update this. it's just too
> > risky.
>
> Interesting. So you only care about bugfree updates for software you use,
> otherwise it's "go ahead" ?

heh, it sure looks that way.

now that i think about it further, even if there was only updates, the sheer
amount of updates still would have a possible effect... so even if there were
only bugfix updates, i still wouldn't update it, until after wife's project
finish...

for new people, it's definately advised to use this new version, but there are
in fact alot of bugs in there...

i'm a bit torn either way, tbh... maybe it _is_ better to update this anyway,
so people don't start with a buggy version, hoping that people won't update
this if they already have started working on such projects...

maybe people only start working with kdenlive from start of new release, so
maybe it's better not to update...

yes, i think there's higher chance of that...

in general, i would say this is at least in this case a careful decision by
maintainer, but if agreed upon, it should be extremely heavily tested.

if QA doesn't have time to do these extreeme testing, then it shouldn't be
done. and only backport.

i guess that's my pov