[Mageia-dev] ANN: X11 now starts on tty1

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Dec 17 02:03:55 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Vanraes at 17/12/11 00:50 did gyre and gimble:
> how does this relate to multiple sessions? if it starts at tty1 and next
> session starts at tty2 and so forth, were are the textbased tty's then?

2nd session starts on tty7 (i.e. the next available tty). Not exactly
super intuitive I agree so open to suggestions here... i.e. one option
would be to only start txt ttys on 7 & 8 (two should be enough right?)
leaving tty 1 through 6 for graphical logins.

> what happens if X doesn't start on tty1 and tries to fall back to console?
> will we have a black screen?

Dunno about that one. We could maybe start a getty automatically on tty1
if this happens... will have to test how this would work in practice.