[Mageia-dev] pixmap

Colette Jean-Claude colette.jc at orange.fr
Sat Dec 17 11:04:40 CET 2011

On 14/12/2011 21:49, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 09:42:54PM +0100, jcc wrote:
>> I have a problem with the icon of the application.
>>
>> First I tried to save the icon image in pixmap directory but no icon
>> appears on the desktop menu bar.
> What does your .desktop file look like?

Hi,

I send you the desktop file:

mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/applications
cat > $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/applications/axiom.desktop << EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=axiom
GenericName=axiom
GenericName[fr]=axiom
Comment=Computer Algebra system
Comment[fr]=Système de calcul formel
Exec=axiom
TryExec=axiom
Icon=axiom
Terminal=true
Type=Application
Categories=Education;Science;Math;
EOF

But I have installed application launcher Lancelot in the plasmoid and
the icon appears.
So I think that it become from the Mageia launcher under kde. :(