[Mageia-dev] ANN: X11 now starts on tty1

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Sat Dec 17 11:54:33 CET 2011

On Saturday 17 December 2011, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> That's one matter, the other one will be teaching all users who were
> used to the current scheme,

++

Don't underestimate the power of habits, versus the 'flicker' inconvenience.

It is a long habit, it is written in all How-To's, many also have panic
scripts that do 'chvt 1' when something goes wrong[1]

I'd say, a bug in plymouth/systemd/whatever needs to be fixed as a bug, not
trigger such a change of habits and/or standardisation.

Please don't break our text consoles. We may be spending 99.9% of our time in
X, but this 0,1% that we need the ttys is priceless!

[1] remember, a few years ago.. ? the acpi power trick..

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!