[Mageia-dev] RFP: commenting obsoletes for later removal

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Sat Dec 17 14:13:36 CET 2011

Hi all,

Annsi, misc and myself were discussing obsoletes, and i think we should make a
policy for a structured comment, so that later (in some timeperiod that's as
of yet unspecified) we can remove older obsoletes in a structured way.

I propose we put a comment in the spec file, with the version the package will
be first used, so likely that is cauldron, so example:

# Obsoletes: mga2
(before the obsolete line)

if noone objects, we can put the policy on the wiki somewhere