[Mageia-dev] qtwebkit libification problem

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Thu Dec 22 10:21:40 CET 2011

Den 22:26 18. desember 2011 skrev Colin Guthrie
<mageia at colin.guthr.ie> følgende:
> [colin at jimmy ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/qt4/imports/QtWebKit/libqmlwebkitplugin.so
> lib64qtwebkit2.2_4-2.2.0-1.mga2
> libqtwebkit2.2_4-2.2.0-1.mga2
>
> Strangely RPM let me install both arches even tho' the file is different :s
This is likely due to coloring, if you install packages with the same
filename which has
different colors (ie. ia32 & x86_64), RPM will allow the x86_64
version to be installed
over the other.
It's a cheap way to get around "proper" multilib packaging that's
enabled by default in
RPM (you've probably wondered earlier about Fedora's take on multilib
with the lack of same
strict packaging policies that we enforce..), but that's been disabled
for RPM in Mandriva for
ages.
It's a mechanism I lack any real insight on, and I don't even remember
where in the RPM code
this change was made, much less so what particular patch being
responsible for it, only
reference I can recall is some brief documentation at rpm5.org
(dont-filter-install-file-conflicts):
http://rpm5.org/cvs/fileview?f=rpm/VENDOR

> Not quite sure why. The first run didn't and then the second somehow
> worked without me doing anything to force it.
I'm merely making wild guesses, it might be totally unrelated to
coloring, but if it's related in
any way, then the relevant patch has probably accidentally been
dropped, or there might've
been some upstream changes, likely requiring a new patch to be (re)done..

My 2 cents at least.. :)

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind