[Mageia-dev] Fwd: Re: [Cooker] System can stall under heavy IOs with slow storage devices

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 20 01:48:03 CET 2011

Florian reads both lists, so I'm pretty sure this would have been
mentioned somewhere in Mageia-land, but I  want to add that I have
experienced extreme delays in firefox and other apps when I run largely
IO-intensive apps with large file buffersizes, and the workaround in
this comment fixes this completely.  We  should consider this for our
kernels if we haven't already.