[Mageia-dev] Upgrade to KDE 4.7.95 breaks the desktop

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Wed Dec 28 16:21:21 CET 2011

Le dimanche 25 décembre 2011 19:40:51 Pierre Jarillon a écrit :
> After updating cauldron, the destop is empty: all icons and plasmoids are
> missing.
Well here « only » the pannel was missing during the upgrade (& not all
plasmoids).
> It is necessary to rename or remove ~/.kde4/ to recreate a new usable
> desktop. This is easy for us, but it should be better to keep as much as
> possible of old configuration.
It would have been better to get ride of only the plasma* configuration files so
you won't loose all kde's apps configuration.

> What must be done during the upgrade to KDE >= 4.7.95 ?
Currently i don't know, i don't know why it did not happens during the 4.7.90
transition :/
Anyway of course we'll look & check how it could be fixed.
(It could be related in fact to some configuration changes like for dolphin for
example).

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net