[Mageia-dev] Conflicts between kde 4.7.90 and laptop-mode-tools

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 28 18:00:25 CET 2011

On 12/28/2011 11:40 AM, Balcaen John wrote:

> On the laptop-mode mailing list, the problem arises too cf :
>   http://mailman.samwel.tk/pipermail/laptop-mode/2010-May/000262.html
>
> So in fact it's conflicting with some functionnality provides by gnome-
> powermanager at least.
>
> Regards,

Well, I suppose there's nothing we can do about it, but urpmq/rpm -q
indicates that laptop-mode-tools provides nothing and nobody else seems
to require laptop-mode-tools.  But the link you gave suggests that the
DE packages are only doing *some* of what laptop-mode-tools does, as the
author says that they will conflict on the individual settings that
other packages control, but that he doesn't know who else is trying to
control what.