[Mageia-dev] License issues with readline (MariaDB)

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Thu Dec 29 10:32:21 CET 2011

Hi,

MariaDB noted that it is undistributable if you use their code (GPLv2) to link
with readline v6 (GPLv3).

however I noted that the readline v6 we ship has mentioned as license GPLv2.
(likely incorrect)

should we go over all our packages who use readline to check if they all are
valid?

is there some kind of way we can allow this?

as a status side note on MariaDB, i have some bugs fixed, but it's sitting
here, just waiting for this License issue to be resolved...