[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:28:25 CEST 2011

Op vrijdag 01 juli 2011 07:40:24 schreef Radu-Cristian FOTESCU:
> I was trying to investigate the kded4 high CPU load, and I started to
> investigate some upstream reports, even if not necessarily reported for
> 4.6.90.
>
> Some such reports were related to ntrack, e.g. http://bugs.kde.org/268038
>
> What the heck is ntrack and why do we need it? (The official description
> tells me exactly nothing).
>
> There is *no* ntrack in either of Mandriva or Fedora -- it's actually
> likely to be an Ubuntu project; either way, it's definitely *not* part of
> the KDE4 project, as it's hosted on https://launchpad.net/ntrack
>
> Then why the heck removing libntrack0 wants to remove *all* the KDE???
>
> Is Mageia becoming Kubuntu?
>
> All these excessive dependencies are making me sick. Everything depends on
> everything. Is dynamic loading of libraries, with dynamically getting
> pointers to functions and using them or not, depending on availability, a
> mechanism that only works in Windows?
>
> Then, you'll excuse me, for the fist time in 9 days, I'll reboot into XP
> SP3.
>
> And I'm doing that because, after having rebooted in F15, their plasma
> (4.6.3) crashed on me for 3 times in 5 minutes. This is unbearable.
>
> Pissed off,
> R-C aka beranger

dude, it kind of pisses me off what i read here...

you're using "cauldron"; it's nice that you find these bugs so they can be
fixed, but i mean... it's "cauldron", imho you can't expect s stable state in
our "development version"... so please, do what everyone else does in
cauldron:
 - use another DE if the current one is unworkable.

afaik ntrack, if that is a problem, why don't you try and recompile KDE
locally without ntrack? see if it improves stuff?