[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Fri Jul 1 11:36:40 CEST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011 23:37:22 Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> > afaik ntrack, if that is a problem, why don't you try and recompile KDE
> > locally without ntrack? see if it improves stuff?
>
> But _why_ is ntrack a *required* dependency of KDE as long as:
> 1. other distros don't have it, neither as required by KDE, nor as an
> independent library;
Because it's cauldron so it's the moment to test some requirement, report
bugs, & eventually get fixed.
For example here ntrack is a optionnal BUILD dependency for kdebase4-runtime
which can provides additional features regarding the CmakeList cf :

macro_log_feature(QNTRACK_FOUND "QNtrack" "Network status tracking library"
"http://launchpad.net/ntrack" FALSE "" "Provides data input for Solid network
status")

We're just trying to provide our KDE with as much as functionnality as it's
possible.

>2. It is obviously *not* part of the KDE project.
libqdbusmenu-qt is not part of the KDE project but we're still using it?
(and it was initially only used in kubuntu for the Ayatana project).

We're also provinding the OpenSLP functionnality for network:/ by adding a
dependency on openslp, should we get ride of ol thoses dependency because they
are not part of KDE ?

I personally think we should test them during the cauldron period & eventually
remove some of them if they are not working as expected.

--
Balcaen John
Jabber ID: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net