[Mageia-dev] [115962]

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Fri Jul 1 13:25:21 CEST 2011

Samuel Verschelde a écrit :

> Le vendredi 1 juillet 2011 01:19:59, Zé a écrit :

>>> I know that it's just using qt4 but we're using kde4 macros as convention
>>> here following our kde's spec layout.
>>
>> But that layout is to apply for kde packages and for the ones that
>> require kde, when thats not the case why is there any need to apply
>> kde macros?
>> I dont see the point for that.
>
> Same question for me, I maintain qtads which is a qt4 app, but doesn't require
> any KDE lib. Is it necessary to use kde-macros for that ?
>
> Samuel

I agree as well.
I've avoided Qt-based packages because of unwanted kde packages being
"required".  (Being a Gnome user.)
(Luckily I was able to find non-Qt more-or-less equivalents.)

It seems to me more appropriate to let requires cascade, so as to minimize
installed packages, rather than trying to include (and install) everything.

--
André