[Mageia-dev] Need mentor(s) to become a Mageia packager

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jul 1 14:25:49 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 30 juin 2011 à 16:32 -0400, Vincent a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to participate to your project and to help you by packaging
> rpms.
>
> As I don't know what needs to be packed, I've tried to make rpm for
> ZoneMinder 1.24.4. But it fails to install into BUILDROOT environment. I
> must have done something wrong while setting installation destinations.

Can you give the exact error message ?
You may need to create the directory by hand, if the makefile don't.

> Attached is the spec file, and the patch to make it compiled.

First, the description is too long and too big.

The patch is not commented and do not explicitly what it does. And
should also be sent upstream, so we will not have to apply it in the
future.

License:        GPLV2 or later
this is not the notation we usually use, this should be GPLv2+ ( see
rpmlint to check that, and the wiki for licenses policy  )

BuildRequires: %{_lib}ffmpeg-devel

this is incorrect, the BuildRequires will depend on the architecture
where the src was rebuild. The BuildRequires must not change. Usually,
there is a provides added for that ( but we are moving to having
libffmpeg-devel on both arch ).

               --enable-mmap=yes \
               --disable-debug \
               --enable-mmap=no \

Why disable and then enable mmap ?

%post

%postun
[ $1 = 0 ] || exit 0

Why ?

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%_bindir/zma

There is no documentation, and the file in /var do not seems to be
present.

--
Michael Scherer