[Mageia-dev] proposal regarding (packager) mentoring program coordinator

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Fri Jul 1 22:09:28 CEST 2011

Jerome Quelin a écrit :
> On 11/07/01 11:20 -0400, andre999 wrote:
>> Hadn't thought of it that way before, but some of these points ring a bell.
>> I still have a lot to learn about the problems encountered in packaging.
>> It might be interesting to prepare a guide that could be sent to
>> offending developers .. if there isn't one already.
>> I've learned at lot about distro processes in the last few months.
>
> i wrote sthg about perl packaging&  tips for perl module authors:
> http://jquelin.blogspot.com/2009/12/helping-perl-packagers-package-perl.html
>
> it was written when i was packaging for mandriva, but everything still
> holds true.
>
> some of those items are perl-centric, but some of them can be used for
> profit whatever the language.
>
> jérôme

Thanks for the reference :)
I could appreciate most of non perl-specific points.
I liked the 1.470-to-1.50 point -- which _is_ kind of funny if you're not
directly involved.
The perl-specific points are interesting as well, since I'm interested in
(eventually) helping with drak* tools
I bookmarked the link -- it should go somewhere in our documentation
--
André