[Mageia-dev] Mageia Cauldron: Bad RPM's while update via urpmi

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:29:13 CEST 2011

2011/7/2 Daniel Kreuter <daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> http://pastebin.com/tTHmMz7b
>>
>> This explains it!
>> Change the mirror, you are using ibiblio which has been reported
>> badly.
>> If you are located in north america, use mirrors.kernel.org which is
>> fast and reliable.
>>
>> --
>> wobo
>>
> I'm located in Germany, but maybe it's because i didn't choose my
> location during install??

Yes, may be.
To change the mirror you can also use a dedicated mirror. Go to the
media manager and remove all entries. Then open (I will use the German
menue expressions now) "Datei -> Einen bestimmten Speigelserver
hinzufügen" - "Vollständiger Quellensatz".
This will give you a list with mirrors in geographical order, you may
select a German mirror like ftp.mandrivauser.de which syncs every 2
hours with distrib-coffee.
--
wobo