[Mageia-dev] packages-mentoring wiki page

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Jul 3 18:42:16 CEST 2011

Daniel Kreuter a écrit :
> Am 07/03/2011 10:37 AM, schrieb Angelo Naselli:
>> In data domenica 3 luglio 2011 02:06:04, andre999 ha scritto:
>>> Following the proposal for the (packager) mentoring program coordinator,
>>> The packages-mentoring page has been modified to include sections for
>>> packaging apprentices.
>>> As well other parts of the page have been enhanced.
>>>
>>> Taking into account feedback on those parts of the proposal.
>>>
>>> So if anyone is interested in taking a look, I'd welcome any feedback.
>>>
>>> Regards :)
>> Just for who are lazy (as I am) is it this one:
>> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring&s[]=mentoring ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> @Angelo, yes it's that page.
>
> @Andre In the Packagers Apprentices table you put the timezone/languages
> in one column. Can we put it into 2 so it is easier to read? Same to the
> Mentoring Team table.

I did that to save width, since the field to the right will tend to have a
number of lines.  There is now an entry in the apprentices table that tends to
demonstrate the point.  (most users will have more details in the
interests/skills/comments column, rather than a link -- which in this case
seems appropriate.)
Note that the languages field will be empty in most cases - but is sometimes
very useful.
Why don't we wait a little to see a few other entries ?

The same applies to the mentoring team table.  (I've already emailed them
directly about it as well.)

> And every Mentor should update that table with missing information, f.e.
> the languages he speaks (I can only see the language of dlucio) but this
> depends on the Mentor if he wants to mentor in other languages than
> english.

He was the only one that has already indicated other languages.
If they only want to mentor in English, they can leave it blank.
(There is a description of the fields just below each table.)
I transferred some info from the initial packagers table.

> The rest is ok i think.

Thanks for the feedback :)

--
André