[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 23:05:00 CEST 2011

On dimanche 03 juillet 2011 at 21:40, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote :
> I have used "qdbus org.kde.kded /kded unloadModule" to unload, one by
> one, each and every module, until "qdbus org.kde.kded /kded
> loadedModules" listed nothing.
>
> So even with no loaded module, kded4 is taking too much CPU.

You should do it the other way, because if one of the modules entered en
infinite loop (which is likely if you have one core at 100% with no IO) it
is likely that it won't unload properly. It may not be in kded's list
anymore, but still running loose in his thread.

So you should disable all kded modules (from systemsettings), then log off
(or even restart to be sure no process is left running) then log back on. If
you still get high CPU from kded then ths problem is in kded itself, if not
you can start loading the modules one by one (waiting long enough between
each) to identify which one will start eating the CPU.

--
Renaud Michel