[Mageia-dev] Anybody having high CPU by kded4 after upgrading to 4.6.90?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:19:10 CEST 2011

2011/7/4 John Balcaen <mikala at mageia.org>:
> 2011/7/4 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>:
>> 2011/7/4 John Balcaen <mikala at mageia.org>:
> [...]
>> Hmm, I saw the new ntrack update coming in 3 days ago but it did not
>> fix the cpu load issue here!
>
> Because ntrack was not installed in fact, kdebase4-runtime requires
> should fix it.
>
>> I just created a new normal user with same standard values as my main
>> user - KDE desktop works ok. htop shows no unusual cpu load.
>> So, I have to find out what makes the difference.
> for the kded usage, the fact that ntrack is now required.
> you can reproduce it by removing with --no-deps ntrack & restart your
> kde session

# urpme --no-deps ntrack
--no-deps: unknown option
Then it wants to remove all of 128 packages (kdebase4-runtime and all
dependencies, in short: almost complete KDE)

Anyhow, I thought the problems I have with my main user would be
related to the new kdebase4-runtime version. If they are not, I'm
stuck.

--
wobo