[Mageia-dev] Repository question: where do we put non-free+tainted RPMs?

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Jul 6 13:40:21 CEST 2011

Am 06.07.2011 12:10, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> If we go back to the beginning of the discussion where to put such
> packages which were in PLF we made a clear difference:
>
> 1. All non-free goes into non-free
>
> 2. Software which may be illegal in some countries (mostly because of
> licensing) will go into tainted.
>
> That's all. Clear and simple.

Doesn't seem so. If even Anssi asks me where this package should go,
maybe this is not clear to everybody. Also if you reread this thread,
there is no concesus here. Also regarding Ahmads answer.

But if you tell me that is the status quo, and the others also say so,
my question is anwered, and HandBrake should go to tainted.