[Mageia-dev] Summary of the release cycle decision

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Thu Jul 7 07:07:50 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 07:47:49PM -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:44:07 -0400, Michael scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>
>>Since we took one month for various things ( such as discussing everything ), we propose
>>the next release to be on 4th april, and start the cycle today. This is in the middle
>>of the week on purpose, to avoid the weekend.
>
>Wasn't there a request some time ago to consider releasing just before the end of a month
>so people with monthly limits could choose to use up their current month's limit, or wait,
>depending on how close they were to the limit?

I don't recall seeing such a discussion... but I think we are now drifting
too far off... I think the number of persons for which this is an issue is
really limited and any date that we pick will be somewhat arbitrarily.

That said, I believe April 1st will satisfy everyone as:

- It is exactly 10 months after the first release;
- People will have the entire month to decide if they want to up their
   month's limit or not;
- Some people will only realise at the end of the month that the release
   was for real and not an April fools joke so they won't have this dilemma;
- The release of mga2 will coincide with my nieces second birthday.

Kind regards,

Remco

PS. Please take this entire post with a grain of salt :-)