[Mageia-dev] task-kde4*

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Thu Jul 7 20:39:21 CEST 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 11:05:15 Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> I suggest to obsolete the 4.6.4 versions of
> task-kde4
> task-kde4-minimal
> task-kde4-debug
> as to match the new package fragmentation of KDE 4.6.90.
> (Just removing them orphans packages, and unorphaning them is annoying.)
We'll keep thoses packages because they're still useful however we need to
work on them:
For example we need to define what's a minimal kde4 installation ,what's a «
full » kde installation, they also should match the task-{xfce|gnome|lxde}
package too
For example from my point of view task-kde-minimal should really install
*only* a minimum of kde app like the desktop (with few plasmoids) , a web
browser, an editor, a terminal...
When the task-kde could provides an irc client, more plasmoid, an agenda
(korganizer for example) etc etc.

> I am already cursing the whole KDE f*ing team for the new fragmentation,
> because this affects *all* the packages that have BuildRequires:
> kdegraphics4-devel

I'm not sure we still have a lot of packages which requires kdegraphics4-devel
as buildrequires according to http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html

calligra is the only one package mentionned on this url and i fixed it already
on svn (i did not push it because it's quite a big package)

Currently kdedindings4 is the missing part of KDE SC, i pushed smokekde
(without kdepimlibs support as suggested by fwang since smokegen seems to
crash with akonadi) and i guess fwang is going to finish others subpackage
soon.

Regarding digikam2 Ze is working on it & i guess it's probably appears soon.

> and I still don't know what the correct BuildRequires would be under 4.6.90.

For which package ?

> (I am impatiently waiting for Win8, maybe this would alleviate my pains
> with Linux.)
Well MacOS X Lion is probably the way to go :)

Regards,

--
Balcaen John
Jabber ID: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net